Gyp Stack Supervisor - Don Plant (Pocatello, ID)
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: February 7, 2024
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution.SummaryIncumbents in this
position provide leadership and direction in the effective
operation and maintenance of equipment and processes in a safe,
environmentally sound and efficient manner in accordance with
applicable laws, rules and regulations.-- Supervise, schedule,
evaluate, train and motivate hourly personnel.-- Maintain high
level of confidentiality.-- The incumbent is also expected to
provide leadership in process, organizational, and personnel
improvement efforts.-- He/she will also perform at a high level in
positively relating to others and positively representing to others
the views of his/her leadership.-- The incumbent will be a
proactive maintenance and operations leader, identifying process
and equipment vulnerabilities and creating plans to act on
findings.-- He/she is expected to understand and communicate
regulatory compliance requirements of the Bevill Consent Decree and
CERCLA and uphold the expectations therein.-- Develop and implement
operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating
problems and improve product quality.-- Revise production schedules
and priorities as a result of equipment failure or operating
problems.-- Provide technical expertise as well as project
management discipline for new construction, expansion and general
capital improvements throughout the Phosphogypsum Stack System.Key
- Strengthen and improve safety in the workplace through
compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, required
inspections and training.
- Participate in and support the CARE about safety program.--
Encourage others to participate through your support--of the
program and influence as a leader.
- Ensure environmental compliance through knowledge of
requirements, providing clear expectations and guidance, and
maintaining a high level of accountability.
- Coordinate day to day operations; collaboration with front line
leaders and management across various plant operating units,
offsite teams, and/or contract groups involved with phosphoric acid
production and plant operation.-- Utilizing knowledge of process
technology, production methods, environmental regulations,
procedures, and capabilities of equipment and machinery.
- Work collaboratively with the Ore Receiving and Water Reclaim
on Gypsum distribution and decant water return.
- Demonstrate personal accountability and ownership, solicit
input from others, provide feedback, coach hourly employees, and
capitalize on training opportunities.
- Ensure personnel have access to the training and tools
necessary to complete jobs safely and efficiently.-- Participate in
new operator training meetings, walk throughs and check-ins.
- Assist leadership in executing on goals and expectations,
conducting performance evaluations, and delivering disciplinary
- Assist with ongoing reliability efforts by identifying bad
actors, participating in root cause analysis, and working with
Maintenance and Engineering on elimination plans through the
capital planning process.
- Review and analyze the production, quality control, maintenance
and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with
product specifications and operating or production problems.
- Support production supervisors and serve as a liaison to
maintenance management, communicating appropriate information to
the appropriate level, including daily expectations and messages of
routine nature.Typical Education
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4-year college/university
- Equivalent experience in Phosphogypsum Stacks or Civil
Construction Supervision will be considered.Relevant Experience
- Experience in Gyp Stack operations or civil construction
leading both salaried and hourly personnel.
- Strong understanding of area process and equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, power
point, word, outlook).
- Strong motivational, organizational, interpersonal and
communication skills are a must.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and understand the
interrelations within an industrial facility.
- JDE and SAP experience preferred.
- Experience leading a unionized workforce desired.
- Ability to work collaboratively across all departments.
- Process improvement skills and the ability to teach and coach
- Experience in the successful planning and execution of complex
projects, programs, and/or initiatives.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations.Other Information
- Stong knowledge of Civil engineering principles, construction
techniques and best practices.
- Knowledge of excavation equipment.
- Maintain good lines of communication among departments, crews
and other supervisors.
- Set good housekeeping expectations and maintain standards.
- Effectively encourage new and innovative ways of thinking.Job
Requisition ID:--16785Travel Required:--Less than
10%Location(s):--ABW Don Plant - Pocatello--Country:--United
States**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status,
marital status, or any other protected status. **
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Pocatello , Gyp Stack Supervisor - Don Plant (Pocatello, ID), Professions , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!