Estimator/ Project Manager - IMC Pocatello, ID
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job ID: 476921Idaho Materials & Construction, is a CRH Company.
Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to
champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees.
We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock,
landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and
construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity,
mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial
strength. Position OverviewThis is a skilled position as an
experienced Estimator/Project Manager involving the preparation of
quantity estimates using material, labor and overhead costs and
management of projects that are awarded to the company.Key
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other
documents to prepare time, material, equipment, production and
- Prepare preliminary estimates for planning purposes and
detailed estimates based on final plans and specifications.
- Consult with clients, vendors and others to discuss and
formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Maintain current and accurate information on prices from
suppliers and contractors through direct contact and written
- Prepare bid packages, estimates and analysis of subcontractor
bids for projects of any size and complexity.
- Physically measure, assess the condition, and formalize
estimates for commercial projects.
- Participate in the bidding process.
- Manage projects awarded from scheduling, resource allocation,
cost projections, and billing.
- Check daily cost sheets for correctness, compliance with
estimated cost, and if over budget, find out why and report to
- Prior to job startup, review with the job foreman the project
plans, specifications and review the project startup list to insure
that each item is done, ie. dig line has been contracted.
- Assist Estimating by providing feedback on job progress as
opposed to as estimated.
- Assist Estimating as available by performing field measurements
- Check that foreman's job quantities are correct and submitted
to Estimating; remember they will generate the invoice based on
what you report.
- Maintain, in conjunction with the hot plant operator, adequate
oil supplies and fuels to meet the projects needs. Review Hot plant
reports, crusher reports, job reports and trucking
reports.QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to
perform the essential functions.Education/Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management
or other related field.
- Five years construction estimating experience is preferred; or
an equivalent of education and experience will be accepted.Work
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization. .
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able
to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database
software. Key Competencies
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee
situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to
requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use
hands to signal and handle equipment.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl,
kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth
perception.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold
and/or heat. T
- he noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.The statements included in this job description are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and
criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties
may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject
to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Idaho Materials & Construction, a CRH Company,
is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability If you want to know more, please click
on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Pocatello , Estimator/ Project Manager - IMC Pocatello, ID, Professions , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!