Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: November 20, 2020
* Independently troubleshoots various machines with limited
Technician III or IV assistance. Walks around machinery to inspect.
Operates machinery to locate problem. Asks Technician III or IV as
needed to assist in diagnosing problems for quality control.
* Gives diagnosis to Service Writer. Works with Service Writer to
achieve an appropriate estimate.
* Gathers parts needed for repair, using parts book to accurately
determine correct parts required for the job. Communicates required
repair parts to Parts Consultant.
* Uses technician tools, including but not limited to: service
manuals, operations manuals, SIS Web STW and parts books
effectively to address technical issues.
* Performs all required tasks in accordance with printed
* Requests Technician III or IV to conduct quality control review
of repaired machine.
* Writes service report for every machine repair in detail. Prints
off hardcopy of service report with work orders and saves to
* Assists other technicians on large repairs.
* Handles all customer inquiries in a prompt and professional
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Increasing specialization in machine systems, such as but not
limited to electrical, hydraulic, A/C, power train, etc.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office recommended.
* Ability to learn and use computer systems (ET, STW, Parts
Integration, SIS Web).
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
* Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Associate Degree from an accredited vocational school preferred
or comparable work experience required.
* Two to three years minimum experience working on heavy equipment
in a Caterpillar or similar environment with hydraulic, engine and
powertrain experience required.
* Disassemble, assemble, remove and install machine components, and
systems experience required.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including
but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending,
stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Exposure to high noise level.
* Exposure to fumes.
* Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Pocatello , Technician II, Professions , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!