Screed Operator - IMC Pocatello
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Job ID: - 395299Idaho Materials & Construction, is a CRH
Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for
growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of
our employees. - We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality
sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt,
paving and construction services. - We succeed as a team by
embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service,
sustainability, and financial strength. - -Position OverviewThis is
a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of
various types of construction equipment including but not limited
to Loaders, Back Hoes, Track Hoes, Haul Trucks, Water Trucks,
Etc.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Responsible for safe slopes on excavations and proper
- Locate utilities and other buried lines prior to digging.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems
to the supervisor.
- Knowledge of trenching and shoring standards.
- Keep time and material records.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
- Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit.
- Travel from interstate highway to rural dirt roads from various
- May assist Laborer at various job sites as needed. - May
perform physical tasks involved with laying pipe and utility lines,
and/or tasks involved with road construction and laying asphalt,
etc. -Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. - The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to
perform the essential functions.Education/Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is
- Previous heavy equipment operation experience or training is
highly preferred.Knowledge/Skill Requirements
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. - Ability to write simple
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one
setting.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver's License is preferredKey Competencies
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance.Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. -The employee is
frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and
handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand,
walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their
shoulders. - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. - Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision and depth perception.Work EnvironmentThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodation may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather
conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to
high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.The statements
included in this job description are not intended to be
all-inclusive. - They represent typical elements and criteria
necessary to successfully perform the job. - Other duties may be
assigned as required. - Requirements for this job are subject to
modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRH AmericasCRH Americas -has
a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest
corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family
businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized
enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH
Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH Americas is a great
place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite
you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your
online application and profile which will be sent directly to the
appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH
Americas family!Idaho Materials & Construction is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. -EOE/Vet/Disability--If you
want to know more, please click on this -. -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Pocatello , Screed Operator - IMC Pocatello, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!