Assistant Risk Manager, General Counsel (1004)
Company: State of Idaho
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Working 12 months per year
Posting Number: req1256
Apply online at
The ISU Office of General Counsel provides proactive,
customer-service oriented legal and risk management support and
guidance to the campus community. The Assistant Risk Manager must
be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and ability to
handle multiple projects simultaneously while employing excellent
interpersonal skills; take dedicated ownership of projects;
demonstrate high ethical standards; exhibit a strong commitment to
the university's mission; and effectively oversee and manage the
university's workers' compensation and risk management programs,
including coordination with the State of Idaho's Risk Management
Program and Idaho State Insurance Fund. Additional duties may
be assigned based on university and office needs.
- Workers Compensation Program
- Manage the university Workers' Compensation and Return-to-Work
Programs, from time of injury through closure of claim, including
by acting as a liaison between employees, supervisors, and the
Idaho State Insurance Fund.
- Advise university departments/supervisors on methods to
mitigate risk and increase safety.
- Create yearly reports to administration regarding premiums,
loss history, etc.
- Stay abreast of trends in the field of workers' compensation
administration and recommend new workers' compensation policies and
- Oversee and ensure an efficient records maintenance system for
workers' compensation claims and related information, data and
activities, including tracking out of state/out of country
employees, student interns, etc, to report to State Risk and State
Insurance Fund.Insurance and Risk Management Program
- Review current ISU risk management and implement changes in
accordance with best practices, new developments, and updated
- Oversee processing of property and liability insurance claims
- Gather pertinent information to report to State Risk to aid in
the claims decision process.
- Oversee processing of insurance policies/billings and provide
data management in State Risk's Origami System.
- Collaboratively work with university departments, student
clubs, and employees to ensure events and activities advance the
university mission while limiting risk.
- Develop and present training to university employees on risk
management principles, laws, and policies.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Articulated ability to be a self-starter with an emphasis on
providing customer service.
- Demonstrated communication skills - oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge and skills to recommend
innovative, industry leading improvements to risk management
processes and procedures.
- Experience advising institutions of higher education.
- Experience in the areas of risk management and workers'
- Relevant professional certification.
Apply online at
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV/Resume, Cover Letter which specifically addresses how each of
the minimum qualifications have been met and a list of three (3)
professional references with contact information.
Position will remain open until filled; however, priority
consideration will be given to applications received by May 24,
2021. Anticipated annualized salary range will be from $42,000 to
$47,000, commensurate with education and experience. Includes a
competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be
conditional pending successful completion of a background
Keywords: State of Idaho, Pocatello , Assistant Risk Manager, General Counsel (1004), Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!