Posted on: June 10, 2021
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true
farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of
agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant
sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial
product development, and distribution.
This role is located at our Mining and Manufacturing facility in
Pocatello, ID. The intention of this role is to provide a line of
pregression to an operator career with the J.R. Simplot Company
here in Pocatello, ID.
- Effectively function within a team environment or work as an
individual contributor and is responsible for ensuring compliance
with all approved policies, procedures, and regulatory
- Ensure proper documentation and record keeping.
- Safely operate Manufacturing Equipment (both process and/or
mobile) and perform required inspections of assigned areas of
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Participate on Health, Safety and Environmental teams
continuously improving the work environment.
- Maintain full awareness of emergency response procedures.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures; take ownership and
participate in all required safety training and safety
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Position will perform heavy labor tasks until operator openings
occur and then advance through ladders of progression within the
- Minimum High school diploma or GED. Understanding of chemistry,
mathematics and technical writing a plus.
- 2 years previous work experience in a heavy industrial setting
OR equivalent technical training/certification OR a combination of
work experience and technical training/certification OR previous
work experience for Simplot Company will be considered.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and
- Proficient in reading and writing English to understand work
instructions and document results.
- Able to write and follow technical standard operating
- Able to understand and follow process flow diagrams, understand
simple chemical reactions and equations and possess a basic
understanding of mechanical machinery and the operating principles
of control systems.
- Flexible with work schedule and open to overtime.
- Will work shift work including holidays
- Available and able to work in various weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods, possibly for up to 12
- Experience in emergency response, hazmat also desirable.
Job Requisition ID: 4531
Travel Required: None
Location(s): AB Don Plant - Pocatello
Country: United States
The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry,
age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status.
If you require technical assistance, please email us at
Keywords: Simplot, Pocatello , Operator/Laborer, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!