Company: Ardent Health Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and
equipped with technology that rivals the nation's most prestigious
healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive
and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly
skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement "World Class Care, every patient, every
time" helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment
is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they
have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses
and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your
friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and
team, working hard for you.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Lab Assistant to
join our team!
What You'll Do
The Lab Assistant will be responsible for phlebotomy procedures
including, but not limited to collection of blood specimens by
venipuncture and capillary puncture for use in diagnostic testing.
Will also perform urine toxicology collections, cleaning and
maintanance of laboratory equipment, clerical duties as necessary
and maintaining the quality and integrity of all processes in the
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Specimen collection and labeling.
- Instructs patients about proper sample collection.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to provide care to all
patient age groups.
- Specimen processing.
- Uses information systems to obtain and record data and issue
- Maintains equipment in proper working order.
- Follows and maintains competency on all standard operating
- Performs chain of custody collections.
What We Offer
Competitive pay and benefits package including
Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) match. Generous paid time off,
holidays, extended illness bank, paid basic life insurance and long
What You'll Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- BLS certification required.
- Minimum of one year experience preferred.
Keywords: Ardent Health Services, Pocatello , Lab Assistant, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!