Communications Specialist - ED
Company: Ardent Health Services
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and
equipped with technology that rivals the nation's most prestigious
healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive
and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly
skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement "World Class Care, every patient, every
time" helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment
is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they
have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses
and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your
friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and
team, working hard for you.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Communications
Specialist to join our team!
What You'll Do
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for performing
unit secretary duties providing overall receptionist and
secretarial duties for the Emergency department, functioning as the
central communication source. Will provide EMR support to staff and
complete special projects as needed. Also, serves as the primary
resource for in-coming calls from the community and outside
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Participates as a contributory member of the interdisciplinary
- Actively participates in reasonable management of all
departmental/hospital resources including: directories, on-call
schedules, and supplies.
- Completes all documentation timely and accurately within
departmental and facility requirements and timelines, while
expediting emergency radio traffic to facility and staff with use
of emergency paging systems when necessary.
- Facilitates the smooth flow of patients through the department
and facility including consults, admissions, transfers into and out
of PMC, and discharges.
- Assumes responsibility for meeting annual in-service
requirements and ongoing personal development.
- Maintains and trains communication specialtist staff on EMR
software, radio equipment, physicians call schedules and divert
- Responsible for code activations, time sensitive emergencies
and all overhead pages.
- Interacts with and takes report from ambulance crews and
coordinates care from transferring facilities.
- Act as primary contact for referring physicians and
What We Offer
Competitive pay and benefits package including
Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) match. Generous paid time off,
holidays, extended illness bank, paid basic life insurance and long
Portneuf Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What You'll Bring
- High school diploma or equivelant
- Previous hospital or clinical experience and knowledge of
medical terminology preferred
- Current BLS certification within 90-days
Keywords: Ardent Health Services, Pocatello , Communications Specialist - ED, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!