Human Resources Business Partner
Company: ON Semiconductor
Posted on: June 9, 2021
ON Semiconductor is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner
to provide site HR support/leadership to our manufacturing and
business units in our Pocatello, Idaho facility. In this position
you will work closely with site leadership to ensure HR programs
and services support and drive business objectives.
We are seeking someone with a solid HR business partner
background to engage in all aspects of human resources. The
selected individual will be able to build strong internal business
partnerships, provide coaching to develop others, challenge the
status quo and offer creative solutions to business issues.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Driving HR programs and initiatives for the Pocatello site
aligned with the company, Human Resources and site strategic goals
- Partnering with leadership to ensure effective programs to
support business objectives. This includes advising company and
department management in personnel policy and program matters, and
making or recommending appropriate decisions consistent with
- Staying connected to the business by participating in relevant
staff and business meetings. Staying connected with the needs of
the employee population by being visible and regularly interacting
with all personnel.
- Continuous evaluation of systems and processes, leading to the
recommendation of new approaches, policies, and procedures to
effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and
services performed at the site level.
- Driving the development of department goals, objectives, and
- Resolution of issues received by management and employees;
providing immediate attention to sensitive issues, and pro-active
training on employee grievance issues.
- Being held accountable for the creation and implementation of
the company's workforce development program, including performance
- Direct management of employee relations issues, which may lead
to driving investigations where legal risk is high.
- Acting as the point of contact for business leaders with global
- Partnering with regional HR business partners to support the
needs of the business.
- Direct or indirect management of other HR staff.
- Selection, development, and evaluation of all potential new
hires, and current personnel.
- Providing leadership to ensure compliance of all country, state
and local regulations on employee related issues.
- Participation in audits and driving resolutions to subsequent
findings; creating proactive measures to address issues identified
- Driving communication between Human Resources and the various
- Other HR duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Education and/or Experience:
Formal Education required:
- Minimum of a 4 year degree with a preferred focus in Human
Resources Management required. Master's in Business Administration
- SPHR/PHR Certification is a plus
- Minimum of 5-10 years acting in a HR Business Partner capacity,
with progressively responsible experience in all disciplines of HR
- Experience in a Human Resources Managerial role.
- Experience working in a high activity manufacturing, or
similar, environment strongly preferred.
Specific Skills required:
- Ability to use logic and methods to analyze, diagnose, and
- A relationship focus, with the ability to establish strong
relationships in order to become known as a trusted advisor to
senior leadership, local and non-local HR team members and
employees across the organization.
- Ability to connect and understand the workforce and help
leaders understand their unique needs.
- Flexibility to adjust and change as the facts of a situation
unfold. Able to work through issues in a diplomatic way.
- Demonstrated history of positioning self as a trusted advisor,
with ability to drive to solutions which benefit individuals and
- Easily anticipates human reaction across a variety of
situations. Is able to effectively judge talent and articulate the
strengths and limitations of people within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
in a quick moving and change oriented environment.
- Highly motivated and independent drive to excel and accomplish
results. Doesn't allow obstacles to stop progress.
- Strong learning orientation. Seeks to first understand before
acting. Leverages all resources and is creative in ways of
- Ability to effectively operate within a matrix organization and
work to influence and support resources not directly reporting to
- Creative in finding ways to obtain information and "be in the
know." Able to effectively communicate change and initiatives with
the business groups, focusing not only on the "what" but the
- Able to effectively work with non-local resources and establish
solid relationships using unconventional methods and
- High energy level and genuine passion for the work.
- Mid to expert level competency in Microsoft Office products,
with a heavy focus on Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Desire to learn and understand the semiconductor manufacturing
business strongly preferred.
- Oracle HRIS experience a plus.
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient
innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The
company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions,
offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and
signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The
company's products help engineers solve their unique design
challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer,
industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON
Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply
chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing
facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets
throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company
maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent
discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or
employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws
and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of
race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin,
citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or
special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political
affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender
expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
Keywords: ON Semiconductor, Pocatello , Human Resources Business Partner, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!