Sr. Applications Engineer
Company: ON Semiconductor
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Senior Applications Engineer, Motor Control Solutions
A unique opportunity to join a high growth business unit whose
mission is to design breakthrough Motor Control devices, utilizing
ON Semiconductor products, capabilities, and solutions. The social
and economic impact of variable-speed motor control are enormous
and far reaching - ON Semiconductor is focused on being the world's
leader in providing robust, energy efficient solutions
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will be working closely
with customers and the Sales team. We are looking for an
experienced, highly technical leader who is passionate about being
a part of a strong team and winning in the market place. Key
responsibilities of this role will be:
- New product development support, evaluation, documentation,
- Collateral and hardware development and support
- Technical customer and internal team support
- Research markets, competitive analysis, exploration of advanced
BLDC motor control methods
- Ability and willingness to lead collaboration with internal
development teams and customers
The position will be based in Pocatello, Idaho or Lindon, Utah.
Please expect travel to be approximately 25%. Occasional travel to
Europe, South America, Asia will be required. Travel to other
locations in the USA will also be required.
Qualified Candidates possess the following attributes:
- Desire to build customer relationships and ability to summarize
customer needs to provide guidance in building business unit
- Ability to build and drive Strategy and Roadmap alignment with
- Willingness to innovate, from both the hardware and software
- Knowledge of 3-phase BLDC motor control techniques and firmware
development to support these functions is required.
- Leadership- able to influence and lead by example, and have
others want to follow.
- Communication - outstanding written and verbal English-language
communications skills, comfortable making and delivering
presentations, able to explain complex technical ideas to a variety
- A passion for excellence, the will to win, and an intense
desire to be a part of a winning team.
- Confident, and high technically competent - able to gain the
respect and trust of customers and peers through technical
- A desire to expand into technical business development is a
- Mentor and develop the applications team.
- Manage and optimize the utilization of highly technical
applications engineering resources for motor control demands.
Prioritize activities in coordination with product line
- Managing, directing, and contributing to troubleshooting,
problem solving, and communicating with customers at multiple
levels within their organization.
- Contribute to the definition, implementation, and support of
evaluation platforms, default applications recommendations and
configurations, applications tools, and reference design kits.
- Strong Collaboration with field sales and applications, design,
product and test engineering, and marketing.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or
Computer Science or equivalent
- 10 years industry experience in motor control hardware and
- Graduate Degree in related area is a plus
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient
innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The
company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions,
offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and
signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The
company's products help engineers solve their unique design
challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer,
industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON
Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply
chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing
facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets
throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company
maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent
discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or
employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws
and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of
race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin,
citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or
special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political
affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender
expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
Keywords: ON Semiconductor, Pocatello , Sr. Applications Engineer, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!