Equipment Maintenance Technician - Etch/Ash
Company: ON Semiconductor
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Equipment Technician - Etch/Ash
- Perform general and specific preventive and corrective
maintenance on semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Requires the
use of diagnostic equipment and procedures to maintain and repair
production equipment. Majority of work is conducted in a clean room
environment requiring the wearing of specific clothing to be worn
over regular clothing.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Participate as part of a team or independently in identifying
and solving problems
- Utilize Promis, SPC, Oracle, Fault Detection Control and other
electronic media in problem solving and general documentation of
- Follow prescribed procedures for safety, clean room and
- Assist in equipment installations, writing
specification/procedures, performing projects and other tasks as
assigned by the Manager and/or team.
- Dismantle, adjust and repair equipment according to maintenance
specifications and repair manuals.
- Use schematics, hand tools, electrical gauges and common test
equipment for calibration, diagnosis and repair of equipment.
- Drive solutions and guidelines by recommending and writing
maintenance procedures and specifications.
- Opportunity to provide leadership to other technicians by
providing training and mentoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Technical experience in at least one of the following areas:
- An AAT/AAS degree or Certificate of Completion in Electronics,
electromechanical, semiconductor technology, or other technical
program. Applicable experience may be substituted for a degree.
Semiconductor maintenance experience required.
- Capable of standing for at least 75% of the time during any
- The technician must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude; this
is required to learn/perform assigned maintenance tasks.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge, training and procedure
comprehension to perform routine and sustaining maintenance on
semiconductor manufacturing equipment in accordance with
- Ability to comprehend and solve basic electronics, mechanical
and mathematics problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written
and verbal format.
- Ability to work in a team environment. Individual must be
self-motivated and able to interface effectively with other
- Ability to certify to respirator, Self-Contained Breathing
Apparatus (SCBA), Arsenic and Hazardous Materials handling.
- Capable of working with and around chemicals (safety training
- Remain as shift flexible as possible as there exists the chance
of being moved from the nights to the day shift (or vice versa),
also must be able to work weekends as well as weekdays.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively
- Organization skills and the ability to prioritize one's
ON Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ON) is driving energy efficient
innovations, empowering customers to reduce global energy use. The
company is a leading supplier of semiconductor-based solutions,
offering a comprehensive portfolio of energy efficient power and
signal management, logic, standard and custom devices. The
company's products help engineers solve their unique design
challenges in automotive, communications, computing, consumer,
industrial, medical and military/aerospace applications. ON
Semiconductor operates a responsive, reliable, world-class supply
chain and quality program, and a network of manufacturing
facilities, sales offices and design centers in key markets
throughout North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions.
ON Semiconductor is an equal opportunity employer. The Company
maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent
discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or
employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws
and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of
race, ethnicity, color, religion, ancestry, national origin,
citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation
physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic
information (including test results), status as a Vietnam-era or
special disabled veteran, uniform service member status, political
affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender
expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
Keywords: ON Semiconductor, Pocatello , Equipment Maintenance Technician - Etch/Ash, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!