Systems Administrator O&M
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Keeping sensitive law enforcement and intelligence data secure
is a key mission for the FBI. We are seeking a candidate to
support the FBI’s cross domain system (CDS) that facilitates secure
access to sensitive data. The candidate will join a small
team charged that is responsible for providing Operations &
Maintenance support on existing CDS systems. The support
activities will include deployment of new systems, integration of
new technologies and services, and troubleshooting data flows by
applying diverse skills in system engineering, administration,
management, and security. This includes providing immediate
response and problem resolution to critical system incident
tickets. The candidate will have significant direct contact with
the immediate customer and the organization’s CDS staff.
It is important to note that this position is part of a team
that supports 24 X 7 X 365 continuous presence at one of three (3)
designated FBI processing facilities.
- Manage systems in a VMWare environment
- Install COTS/GOTS and custom software, firmware updates,
operating system patches of CDS guards, and antivirus software
- Monitor the systems for possible system problems
- Resolve system problems by analyzing the problem for resolution
paths, implementing solutions, and/or working with vendors to
- Respond and resolve incident tickets within required response
- Run scripts to gather production system metrics and
- Set-up/maintain user accounts
- Support system security vulnerability scan activities
- Participate in program standup meetings to discuss system
status, technical issues, or coordinate production system
- Experience working on a team and helping team member’s complete
tasks in support of IT systems.
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or
Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Linux system administration experience demonstrated in a large
complex enterprise environment.
- Understanding of and/or experience in network administration,
installation of networking appliances, cabling and cable
termination in a large enterprise IT environment.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized, follow written
instructions or technical guides, and able to prioritize tasks to
maintain, deploy of IT systems.
- Ability to provide and support data center activities
including, but not limited to, rack and stacking equipment, pull
cable, and terminating cables.
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration.
- The ability to quickly adapt to new system environments and
interface with systems. An interest in working on a broad range of
problems and technology and as part of a multi-disciplinary
- Ability to work independently and at times as only Leidos
representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Follow change management processes, which may include updating
- Demonstrate good judgement and written/verbal
- The candidate hired for this role must be able to lift up to
35lbs multiple times on a daily basis.
Depending on experience and/or preference may be called on to
support the following efforts:
- Experience in testing complex IT systems.
- Experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS
systems. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate
- Experience with Virtual Environment administration,
specifically the installation, configuration, and management of:
Type 1 hypervisors (ESXi, KVM, others), Virtual Machine
configurations, and VM Management environment (e.g. Vcenter/Vsphere
and associated networking and storage).
- Proficiency in installing, hardening, patching, backup and
restore of Linux systems.
- Experience with system hardening (STIGS).
- Experience with or familiarity with Apache Nifi
- Experience in networking, particularly system integration of
physical/virtual servers with routers and firewalls in current data
- Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards,
one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
- Ability to perform bare metal server builds,
- Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services:
LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
- Various security products, security architecture, security
assessment tools, and information assurance standards.
- Small scale development of script level routines: languages
(shell script, Perl)
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Pocatello , Systems Administrator O&M, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!