Critical Facilities Specialist (Diesel Generator) - Pocatello, Idaho
Company: M.C. Dean, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Dean Fluor is looking for a Critical Facilities Specialist (CFS)
to join our operations team in the operations and maintenance of a
mission critical government data center. The technician serves as
an expert technical resource reporting to a critical facilities
manager, interacting with government support personnel, and any
third party vendors.
The Critical Facilities Specialist job responsibilities include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform repairs and services on all makes and models of
- Inspections, repairs, services and start-up load bank test
requirements on equipment.
- Troubleshooting equipment and servicing generator components
including alternators, wiring harnesses safety devices, shutdown
switches, and battery systems.
- Apply proper engine technical skills in inspection,
disassembly, failure analysis, assembly, diagnosis, and engine
operating performance tests.
- Identify the problem and cause of failure through logical
troubleshooting steps, determine corrective action through
inspection of failed parts.
- Must have the ability to operate in a constant state of
alertness, and safe manner.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED coupled with a minimum 3
years' experience in the repair and maintenance of generator
systems from 8kW to 2800 kW preferred.
- Must have the ability to perform high quality work in a timely
- Good communication skills, enthusiastic attitude, and great
customer service skills are a must.
- Must be able to respond to emergency repairs as needed.
- Must be able to achieve and maintain TS security
- Graduation from a Technical school is desired to include
generators, diesel, power gen, electric power, relay or substation
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an
extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and
maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and
reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to
see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit
while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does
not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers
that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or
conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented
through spoken words and sentences.
Keywords: M.C. Dean, Inc., Pocatello , Critical Facilities Specialist (Diesel Generator) - Pocatello, Idaho, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!