Material Handler (19656-376)
Company: Building Materials Holding Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
If you'd like to become part of an exciting, fast-paced
organization, BMC is the company for you! Military and Veterans
encouraged to apply.
Do you have what it takes? (click here) OR check us out on
At BMC, the exemplary Material Handler performs a full scope of
yard and warehouse responsibilities. They support the needs of
their location and create smooth sailing for the team. This
reliable team member is responsible for use of hand controlled
forklifts and forklift operation, loading and unloading all lumber
and building materials, receiving and shipping, picking orders,
stocking and counting inventory, monitoring quality of goods and
products, and completing all necessary paperwork thoroughly and
accurately. This team member also assists in sales-related
administrative and customer service activities.
- Pull lumber needed to produce any product manufactured in a
single plant location.
- May assemble metal plates for component production.
- Stack or rake finished goods at the end of a production line in
a manufacturing location.
- Other duties as assigned by location management.
- A combination of one to three months of directly related
training and/or experience is typically required for carrying out
the responsibilities for this job.
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain
materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or
other hand tools.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks,
and shelves by hand.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated
area, using hand truck, electric dolly, wheelbarrow, or other
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to
destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane
or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved
or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks
information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles
together, using banding machine and clincher.
- Clamps sections of portable conveyor together or places
conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of
materials or products.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans
work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning
compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Shovels loose materials, such as sand, gravel, metals,
plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and
containers, such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to
assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Read and use a measuring tape and other basic tools.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Minimum Experience: Entry level.
Keywords: Building Materials Holding Corporation, Pocatello , Material Handler (19656-376), Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!