Engineering Equipment Operator
Company: Department Of Agriculture
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This position operates and maintains engineering equipment in
support of road maintenance.
These positions are in the following locations:
Ashley National Forest, Flaming Gorge Ranger District, in
Manila, Utah. For additional information contact Brett Heath at
(435) 790-5974 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caribou-Targhee National Forest, in Saint Anthony and Pocatello,
Idaho. For additional information contact Blake Dory at (208)
557-5803 or email@example.com.
Learn more about this agency
- Operate one or more types of heavy equipment, such as graders,
tractors with bulldozer or angledozer blades, front-end loaders,
backhoes, trench diggers, and large industrial tractors with pan or
- Work is generally done on flat or rolling terrain with simple
terrain problems, such as forest roads and compounds.
- Maintain ditches, road shoulders and beds, fire lines, and
clears brush, tree stumps, and rocks.
- Review the work to be performed and adjusts equipment
attachments for a set level, angle, or depth, according to the type
of equipment used.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- The work involves operating trucks over 26000 GVW with
trailers, on public roads (belly dumps, dump trucks with loaders,
transports with lowboys hauling graders, etc.
- Working Conditions: Work is performed in all types of weather,
on hills, slopes, grades, rolling surfaces and in forests. The
operator is exposed to injury from the equipment and is subject to
noise, vibration, dust, and fumes.
- Physical Requirements: Considerable physical effort is required
to stand, reach, bend, turn and move hands, arms and legs to handle
different sets of controls in operating the equipment and
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
position for meetings, training, or site visits.
5716 Engineering Equipment Operating
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective
Service or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background
investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to
have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's License
(CDL) within 90 days of placement into the position.
- This is a Test Designated Position. You will be tested for
illegal drugs prior to appointment and randomly thereafter.
Appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative
results. This announcement constitutes 30 days advance notice.
In order to qualify, you must meet the eligibility and
qualifications requirements as defined below by the closing date of
the announcement. For more information on the qualifications for
this position, visit the Office of Personnel Management's Federal
Wage System Qualifications Standards.
You must possess the Basic Requirements identified below to be
considered eligible for this position. Your application must
clearly demonstrate through experience shown in the resume
materials that you possess the skill level that has equipped you
with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to
successfully perform the duties of Engineering Equipment
Applicants will be evaluated on their ability to perform the
duties of the position rather than length of experience.
Eligibility will be determined by relevance, scope and quality of
overall experience and training, regardless of where or how
acquired. Applicants will be ranked and rated based on their
knowledge of the job elements identified below:
Screen-out Job Element: Applicants must show the Ability to do
the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
Applicants who do not meet the screen-out job elements will not be
In addition to the above requirements, applicants will be ranked
and rated based on their knowledge of the job elements identified
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean, and in
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc.
(related to mobile equipment operation)
- Ability to Drive Safely (Motor Vehicles)
- Reliability and Dependability as an Engineering Equipment
Additional Requirements (Screen-outs):
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - Must possess a valid CDL or
obtain a CDL within 90 days of appointment date as a condition of
- Drug Testing - This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP)
under the Department of Transportation (DOT)/Forest Service Alcohol
and Controlled Substance Testing Program. Applicants must
acknowledge this requirement to submit to urinalysis to screen for
illegal drug use unless they currently occupy a TDP under the
DOT/Forest Service Alcohol and Controlled Substances Testing
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department Of Agriculture, Pocatello , Engineering Equipment Operator, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!