Critical Facilities Specialist (Mechanical) - Pocatello, Idaho
Company: M.C. Dean, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dean Fluor is looking for a Critical Facilities Specialist (CFS)
to join our operations team in the operations and maintenance of a
mission critical government data center. The CFS is responsible for
ensuring that all electrical, mechanical, HVAC, and fire/life
safety equipment within the data center is operating at peak
efficiency. This involves continuous monitoring of mechanical
equipment using advanced automated control systems, planned
preventative maintenance of equipment, and emergency response to
emergent issues. The technician serves as an expert technical
resource reporting to a critical facilities manager, interacting
with government support personnel, and any third party vendors.
They are expected to be a singular focal point for all mechanical
facility operations within the data center.
The Critical Facilities Specialist job responsibilities include,
but are not limited to, the following:
- Remotely monitors the mechanical systems equipment performance.
Performs daily rotations of critical equipment to maintain equal
runtimes. Adjust operating parameters as needed to maintain the
facility within specifications.
- As abnormal operations are identified, walks down equipment,
troubleshoots and identify corrective measures, repairs if possible
or generate a corrective maintenance work order.
- Responsible for tracking and recording the status of the
operational system using applicable journals and control system
- Identify and recommends changes to improve overall plant
reliability, performance and output.
- Updates the mechanical system control applications maximizing
their efficiency and revising the operating parameters as needed to
accommodate changes in the facility operations or to correct
- Performs routine operator rounds of facility equipment
monitoring the operation and recording operating parameters on
- Records and reports all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual
occurrences. Responds to emergency situations and performs any and
all task necessary for the protection of occupants and the
- Performs minor preventative maintenance work on facility
support equipment (e.g. Air compressors, electronic door locks,
pumps, fences, gates, humidifiers, air conditioning units,
- Record all values in a computerized maintenance management
system, accurately recording plant condition, time spent on job,
condition equipment, and additional repairs if needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Must be able to work as needed, including shift work (e.g.
nights, weekends, and holidays). Willing to work overtime as
necessary to complete tasks.
- A minimum high school diploma or GED coupled with a minimum of
five (5) years' experience in facilities HVAC maintenance with
thorough understanding of performing work on mechanical and HVAC
systems, HVAC controls, chilled water distribution systems,
generators, and life safety systems, including one (1) year
concurrent related experience in data center or complex mission
- Ability to read and comprehend work orders, equipment/tool
manuals, safety manuals, and other printed and/or written material
as it relates to the job
- Ability to input basic information into computerized
maintenance and time keeping databases.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, at elevations, on ladders,
and lift equipment over six feet above the ground.
- Must carry a two-way radio when on duty to enable prompt
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have reliable
transportation to and from the job site.
- Must conform to all city, state and federal licensing and
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere
to company standards.
- Must be a team player committed to working in a quality
- Requires excellent verbal, written, multi-tasking and
presentation skills in English.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload with minimal
- Must perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as
- Must be able to achieve and maintain TS security clearance
- AS/BS degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Operational experience in a control room environment
- Programmer knowledge of Energy Management Controls System
(EMCS) control and software logic
- Water treatment experience
This position is considered sensitive and may require extensive
background screening processes in order to meet current or future
Network and/or government contract needs. Applicants and employees
may be subject to and/or be required to meet specific background
eligibility requirements in order to apply and maintain such
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an
extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and
maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and
reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to
see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit
while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does
not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers
that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or
conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented
through spoken words and sentences.
Keywords: M.C. Dean, Inc., Pocatello , Critical Facilities Specialist (Mechanical) - Pocatello, Idaho, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!