Neurotechnologist - Pocatello, ID
Company: NMA (Neuromonitoring Associates)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Title: Neurotechnologist
Department: Operating Room
Reports To: Area Manager
Job Category: Field
The neurotechnologist (NT) is responsible for the real-time
neurophysiological monitoring of the nervous system during surgical
procedures that put neural structures and function at risk. The NT
is responsible for setting the patient up for intraoperative
testing and communicating data in real time to the interpreting
neurologist and surgical team.
Provide day-to-day monitoring of surgical cases.
Implement clinical and operational policies and protocols
Complete each case including required documentation and close
out within 24 hours
Participate weekend/PM call rotation.
Communicate in real time with assigned remote neurologists and
the surgical team throughout the surgery
Remain current with all credentialing requirements
Travel to cover cases in other regions as needed
Education and Certifications:
B.S. Degree in Biological Sciences or similar discipline
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clinical competence in the field of intraoperative
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of programs
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and hazardous
materials with little likelihood of harm if established health
precautions are followed.
- The use of protective clothing such as surgical clothing,
gloves, glasses, and masks.
- Occasional/frequent travel by motor vehicle and/or air
transportation to healthcare facilities located in both urban and
- Variable work schedules that may change from week to week and
the possibility of working on weekends.
- Requires being available during non-scheduled work time
- Ability to lift a maximum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to stand, turn and stoop among several types of
equipment in an operating room suite for a minimum of two (2) hours
to a maximum of twelve (12) hours.
- Ability to apply different types of electrodes to a patients
anatomy with precision and speed in preparation of monitoring a
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: NMA (Neuromonitoring Associates), Pocatello , Neurotechnologist - Pocatello, ID, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!