Systems Engineer II (Data & Systems Backups)
Company: Open Systems Technologies Corporation
Posted on: January 8, 2021
OST is hiring a Systems Engineer II (Data & Systems Backups) to
support a contract in Pocatello, Idaho. Candidate must have an
active Top Secret Clearance and be eligible for an SCI.The
Contractor shall be responsible for design, deployment, testing,
certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not
only of the base data backup system, but for all features,
components and application dependencies. To include Storage Area
Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Tape, local disk,
Fibre Channel, iSCSI, etc.Position requirements and duties of the
Senior Systems Engineer II (Data & System Backups)
- The Contractor shall design, implement and provide ongoing
support of the Backup Infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall serve as the advanced matter expert for
all Backup environments.
- The Contractor shall create and maintain backup infrastructure
for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN,
network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third
party tools on Linux and Windows environments.
- The Contractor shall provision/configure required backups for
Linux and Window servers.
- The Contractor shall evaluate, improve, and maintain the
information security throughout the backup infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall monitor and correct critical backup issues
and create recovery processes for failures and performance
bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response times.
- The Contractor shall install, configure, test and maintain
system management tools, SAN and Tape infrastructure and server
plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware
- The Contractor shall proactively ensure the highest levels of
systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of
the replication of data, fail over copies, redundant data
- The Contractor shall monitor and test application performance
for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work
with developers to implement those fixes
- The Contractor shall maintain security, backup, and redundancy
- The Contractor shall write and maintain custom scripts to
increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on
any tasks, such as monitoring backup storage with Infrastructure as
a Service (IaaS).
- The Contractor shall participate in the design of information
and operational support systems
- The Contractor shall provide 3rd level support
- The Contractor shall liaise with vendors and other IT personnel
for problem resolution
- The Contractor shall ensure technical documentation exists for
all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch
levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP
addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin
passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly
- The Contractor shall integrate systems with Windows and Linux
as it applies to core service dependencies.
- The Contractor shall document system configurations to include
passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers,
patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses,
number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license
- The Contractor shall continually transition knowledge to the
government staff through training and assistance on how to use the
technology using industry best practices.
- The Contractor shall provide real-time reporting of backup
storage consumed and utilized resources to include performance
metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability,
performance and trends.Experience/Education requirements for the
Senior Systems Engineer II (Data & System Backups)This position
shall be filled with individuals with a bachelor's degree preferred
and a minimum of six years' experience with Net Backup and Tivoli
Storage Manager experience required and a bachelor's degree
Keywords: Open Systems Technologies Corporation, Pocatello , Systems Engineer II (Data & Systems Backups), Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!