Correctional healthcare is not just a job. Its a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a PRN Licensed
Social Worker with Corizon Health:
* Provide direct clinical, mental health treatment and
consultation services in accordance with policies, procedures and
regulations of state-specific statutes, policies and regulations of
the facility and in accordance with the ethics and standards of the
National Association of Social Workers
* Ensure multidisciplinary treatment planning that guides
* Provide crisis intervention as required and implement Corizons
Suicide Prevention Program.
* Acts as a liaison between corrections and the local community
mental health agencies.
* Interrelate and work effectively with other mental health
services staff, facility administration and staff, healthcare
staff, and outside support agencies as designated by the
* Maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance
and within the limits of the standards of the American
Psychological Association, the National Commission on Correctional
Health Care, the American Correctional Association, and the
American Psychiatric Association.
* Utilizes the SOAP charting format to document the document
mental health services provided to the patient
* Comply with all rules, directives, policies, procedures and
protocols of Corizon.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Masters degree in social work from an accredited program.
* Licensed Social Worker.
* Current certification in CPR or ACLS.
* Professional experience, which indicates knowledge of mental
health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, treatment of
major mental disorders and mental health assessment techniques,
preferably in a correctional setting.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are
required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment
opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all
positions without regard to race, gender, national origin,
religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran,
or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected