Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: May 16, 2020
The Service Attendant maintains, prepares and inventories heavy
rents, sales, and used equipment in the yard. This role requires a
valid driver's license with ability to obtain a CDL, proven
customer service skills, and operation knowledge of light
* Instructs customer on proper use and safety procedures. Loads and
unloads machines on customer transportation.
* Maintains organization and appearance of the yard.
* Completes documents for shipping and receiving equipment.
* Inspects machines upon customer return for damage, abuse, fuel
levels and all attachments.
* May assist other technicians with minor repairs or maintenance on
* Washes, details, and touches up machines upon return as needed to
maintain proper appearance.
* Completes final check of customer equipment before it leaves the
* Steam cleans equipment and components on request; keeps
steam-cleaning area clean and free of all debris.
* Maintains neat and organized attachment inventory.
* Delivers and picks equipment as needed.
* Maintains the tool room. Loans equipment to technicians.
Inventories tools. Schedules repairs for tools with outside
* Assists with shop cleanup.
* Handles all public and internal inquiries in a prompt and
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety
policies. Complies with all company policies, procedures and
* May accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of
Western State's Six Sigma program.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Proven customer service skills.
* Knowledge and use of usage and operation of light construction
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
* Ability to work overtime with little or no notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* Associates Degree from an accredited vocational school
* Previous industry experience preferred.
* Excellent driving record and valid driver's license required with
the ability to pass CDL requirements.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time along
with sitting, repetitive stair climbing, reaching (including but
not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending,
stooping, twisting, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Exposure to high noise level.
* Exposure to fumes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Pocatello , Service Attendant, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!