Heavy Haul Driver - Regional
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: January 16, 2020
* Pickups and delivers equipment as assigned throughout assigned
region (intrastate) on a timely basis using a Class 8 truck with
* Determines most efficient route based on load weight, road, and
* Instructs customers on proper equipment use and safety
* Completes status updates using dispatching software, trip
envelopes and bill of lading as required.
* Loads and unloads equipment onto trailer. Follows all safety
requirements to ensure equipment is secured properly.
* Maintains a Driver's Log Book as required by DOT regulations.
* Follows DOT rules and regulations regarding oversize loads and
permits. Administers daily inspection requirements. Meets all DOT
driver qualifications rules and regulations. Maintains current
* Completes documents for invoice closeout at the end of each
* Monitors trip permits, overweight and length permits. Ensures
proper documentation is on hand during haul.
* Maintains company truck and trailer appearance and mechanical
condition. Schedules necessary repairs, washes and polishes as
* Reports any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic
conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities
relating to pickup or delivery of equipment.
* Reports all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company
equipment. Reports highway safety hazards noted in route.
* Assists with CRS deliveries as needed
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adhere to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Working knowledge of Caterpillar equipment and diesel trucks and
* Knowledge of DOT legal requirements.
* Knowledge of permitting oversized loads and routing.
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision required.
* Ability to work overtime with minimal notice required.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Lowboy experience, knowledge of permitting oversize loads and
* Knowledge of light construction equipment usage and operation &
mechanical ability required
* Excellent driving record with current Class A - CDL license with
triples endorsement and DOT physical card required.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling,
leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 75 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Pocatello , Heavy Haul Driver - Regional, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!