Tool Room Attendant
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: January 14, 2020
* Manages store owned tooling and tool room. Maintains tool room,
tool room inventory, and tool room records. Checks tools in and out
to technicians and maintains tracking log. Ships tools as requested
to other locations. Locates overdue/missing tools. Stores tools in
neat and orderly manner. Updates supervisor on job/tool status.
Requests new tools as needed from Supervisor.
* Examines and inspects tooling for wear and defects. Cleans,
repairs, and maintains shop tooling and equipment. Evaluates tool
repair and fixes or sends out for repair. Requests purchase order
for external repair.
* Issues, repairs, tracks, and maintains company tools (lifting
devices, air tools, etc.) issued to technicians according to job
* Inspects, inventories, repairs, and maintains shop and support
equipment housed around the store that is too big to check in and
out of the tool room. Charges, fills, and replaces inventory as
* Assists with facility maintenance and inspections. Acts as
facility person as needed to clean up, paint, change lights,
* Maintains certain shop supply inventories. Researches best price.
Orders from Parts or from vendors directly to maintain tool room
inventory. Stocks supplies in tool room.
* Fills and maintains safety glasses bins.
* Inspects and maintain large shop equipment as assigned by
* Processes warranty parts as requested by supervisor.
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Work within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to maintain accurate files and records
* Working knowledge of forklift.
* Ability to obtain forklift operators certification
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* 6 months equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
* Knowledge and operation of light construction equipment.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling,
leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Pocatello , Tool Room Attendant, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!