Product Improvement Field Tech - Southern Territory
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: January 11, 2020
* Reviews product improvement letters for assigned territory and
develops an action plan to complete improvement letters with a
schedule that fits the needs of the customer.
* Independently reviews each product improvement letter requirement
and completes letters at customer job site, including identifying
and obtaining resources needed to complete product improvement
* Creates quotes and service call invoices for all repairs
required, finalizing all steps needed to complete the service call
process with 100% accuracy.
* Collaborates with parts team, utilizing technical documentation
and drawings to procure parts required for project.
* Utilizes technician tools available, including but not limited to
service manuals, Operators Maintenance Manuals, SIS Web, and STW to
effectively address technical issues.
* Performs all required tasks in accordance with printed
* Updates Service Schedule in AX to identify availability and
repairs scheduled daily.
* Handles all customer inquiries in a prompt and professional
* Adheres to all customer care standards.
* Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to
all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
* May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of
Western States' strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
* Works and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform under
* Self-motivated with ability to learn quickly and work
* Increasing specialization in machine systems, included but not
limited to electrical, hydraulic, A/C, and power train.
* Excellent computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office
* Must be able to comprehend technical documentation that contains
descriptions and specifications of proprietary
* Must be able to evaluate work to ensure effectiveness, technical
adequacy, and identify resolutions.
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Ability to learn and use software programs (ET, STW, Parts
Integration, SIS Web).
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Ability to travel up to 80% and work overtime with little to no
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Associates Degree from an accredited vocational school preferred
or comparable work experience required.
* 1-year Field Service experience preferred.
* Five years' experience in diagnosis and repair of heavy
equipment. Knowledge of scrapers and crawler tractors, loaders,
excavators, off highway trucks, required. Caterpillar experience
* Proof of driver's license and acceptable driving record
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time along with
walking, sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including
but not limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending,
stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Exposure to high noise level.
* Exposure to fumes.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Pocatello , Product Improvement Field Tech - Southern Territory, Other , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!