Company: Information Technology Engineering Corporation
Posted on: September 9, 2018
System Administrator Location: Pocatello, ID. Required Clearance: Top Secret
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to . Job code: #152736 Job Description:
ITEC is seeking a System Engineer (UNIX/Linux), responsible for design, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base operating system, but for all support libraries, components and application dependencies to support our mission focused law enforcement customer. Responsibilities:
* Engineer, design, install, implement, and configure systems as well as provide ongoing support of the Unix/Linux Infrastructure.
* Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all Linux environments. This position is considered the final tier before vendor support is initiated. (4th level).
* Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution and patch levels of Linux and network configuration, using tools that include Satellite Server, Puppet and BigFix.
* Provision/configure required software onto servers, such as web servers and databases.
* Excellent knowledge base in DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SMTP, and integration with Windows to solve technical or functional issues.
* Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
* Build new baselines with the appropriate security and access controls to include DISA STIGS and required security controls. Updated baselines will be required quarterly and new versions within 90 days of the manufacturer's release to production and full DISA STIGS.
* Document system configurations to include passwords, access controls, version number, and revision numbers, patch levels, and inventory to include hostnames, TCP/IP addresses, number of processors, and number of cores, memory, and license keys. Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCA) or the ability to obtain the certification within 6 months of hire.
* 8+ years of experience utilizing systems engineering skill sets with a focus on Unix based systems such as Red Hat Linux, Solaris, SuSE, and CentOS.
* Active Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain polygraph. Preferred Skills:
* Successful track record of proactive problem solving.
* Ability to work independently and cross-functionally in a team environment.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to . Job code: #152736
With continuous growth since our inception in 1999, ITEC has a strong and reputable presence in the aerospace and Department of Defense (DOD) market. ITEC is a member of the National Association of Government Contractors. ITEC has experienced exceptional growth because of our commitment to our customers and employees.
We invite you to learn more about ITEC at . Join us. We are always seeking great talent to join our ITEC Team. ID: 152736 - provided by Dice Aerospace, DNS, Libraries, Linux, Release, Scripts, Security, SMTP, Solaris, System Administrator, TCP/IP, Testing, Unix, Web Servers, Windows
Keywords: Information Technology Engineering Corporation, Pocatello , System Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!