Mining Technology Solutions Field Technician
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: November 23, 2020
WSECO VISION: We will lead our industry with passionate people,
innovative solutions, and trusted partnerships.
WSECO MISSION: We will deliver customer success through
best-in-class products, unmatched services, and innovative
SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES: Western State's culture is based on
passion for our Vision, Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely
committed to SAFETY and sending every employee, safely home, every
day. We strive for EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a
"play to win" organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every
decision we make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging
culture. We are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an
JOB SUMMARY: The Mining Technology Solutions Field Technician is
responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and repairing mining
technology solutions products for defined territory. This includes
traveling to customer job sites within the Western States territory
to service and support the mining technology strategy. This
includes advanced troubleshooting and repairs of machine electrical
systems along with installing and updating onboard software
systems. This role works closely with the Mining Technology
Application Manager to meet the needs of clients.
* Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at
Western States. As a team member in the organization, it is
critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a safe
work environment while adhering to all applicable safety policies,
procedures, and standards.
* Maintains clean/clutter free company vehicle and work areas to
ensure safe environment for all WSE employees.
* Adhering to required personal protective equipment (PPE) as
identified in safety policy.
Diagnosis, Troubleshooting, and Repair
* Independently troubleshoots, repairs, and tests mining technology
systems and related machine systems. This includes navigating
support materials, as needed, such as service manuals and technical
* Independently troubleshoots and repairs onboard machine
electronic systems including payload management systems, and VIMS
* Independently completes software and firmware updates on
technology and machines systems.
* Troubleshoots network communications to the point of failure and
works with the appropriate party to take corrective action.
Reporting updates to the Mining Technology Application Manager on
issue and action taken.
* Provides training for WSE clients on the accurate workflows from
model preparation, onboarding, and offboarding technology.
* Independently reviews machine data communication messages with
office software tools in order to identify data that is not be
received or is incorrect. Collaborates with Mining Technology
Application Manager to find a solution to resolve communication
* Other duties as assigned.
* Communicates with clients and internal SITECH team on status of
repairs and installs.
* Develops a two-week schedule of repairs and installs, responsible
for pre-ordering parts and supplies required. Communicates schedule
with Mining Technology Application Manager.
* Provides daily detail status updates on repairs, installs and
troubleshooting findings to the Mining Technology Application
Manager in order to review scheduling changes and client
* Creates, quotes, manages, and invoices service calls in alignment
with organizational standards, this includes submitting and
managing PO requests from clients.
* Collaborates with vendor technology support reps to provide
detailed feedback on product issues and possible resolutions.
* Creates and manages technical support tickets with vendor on
product issues that can not be resolved.
* Participates in continued education and training initiatives as
outlined in the Western States Equipment Technician Career
Development Plan. (TCDP)
* Researches new software and firmware files to identify
resolutions to client's issues.
* Researches new technology product offerings and provides feedback
on best install and support practices.
* Works with Mining Technology Application Manager in cross
training of office support and report building.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Adapts knowledge of Caterpillar and competitive machine systems
to install, troubleshoot and repair mining technology systems.
* Increasing specialization in machine systems, included but not
limited to: electrical, hydraulic, A/C, and power train,
telematics, GPS guidance systems and payload systems.
* Advanced computer skills and technology skills required
* Strong critical thinker with the ability to communicate complex
* Ability to prioritize tasks based on multiple priorities.
* Strong communicator with ability to communicate via email and
* Ability to travel overnight 70% of the time.
* Ability to learn and use software programs (ET, STW, Parts
Integration, SIS Web).
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Consistent attendance and timeliness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Associates Degree from an accredited vocational school preferred
or comparable work experience required.
* Minimum of 1-year field service experience preferred.
* 2 years' experience in troubleshooting electronic systems,
disassembling, assembling, removing, and installing machine
* Must own required tools.
* Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Ability to stand for long periods of time along with walking,
sitting, repetitive climbing stairs, reaching (including but not
limited to above-shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping,
pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures and environment.
* Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. in accordance with Western States'
Lifting Policy to include amount and approach.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Pocatello , Mining Technology Solutions Field Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!