Mining Technology Application Manager
Company: Western States Equipment Co
Posted on: September 8, 2020
JOB TITLE: Mining Technology Application Manager JOB CODE:
REPORTS TO: SITECH Business Manager FLSA STATUS: Exempt
We will lead our industry with passionate people, innovative
solutions, and trusted partnerships.
We will deliver customer success through best-in-class products,
unmatched services, and innovative solutions.
SUCCESS AT WESTERN STATES
Western State's culture is based on passion for our Vision,
Mission, and VALUES. We are fiercely committed to SAFETY and
sending every employee, safely home, every day. We strive for
EXCELLENCE in all we do and are proud to be a "play to win"
organization. We act with INTEGRITY in each and every decision we
make. Our People and TEAMWORK drive a fun and engaging culture. We
are ACCOUNTABLE as individuals and as an organization.
JOB SUMMARY: The Mining Technology Application Manager serves as an
executor of special projects to provide consultative help to both
Western States Equipment's internal and external clients. This role
is critical to the Mining Technology Group's support structure and
requires an advanced level of adaptability, with the aptitude to
learn quickly. Previous knowledge of Western States' technology
product offerings and the ability to provide advanced support is
* Actively cares, promotes, manages, and advocates safety at
Western States. As a team member and leader in the organization, it
is critical to ensure all employees, vendors, and clients have a
safe work environment while adhering to and managing all applicable
safety policies, procedures and standards.
* Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values
of the organization.
* Serves in a consultative role to both internal and external
clients in all aspects related to Western States Equipment Company
Mining Technology Product Offerings.
* Identifies opportunities at designated mine sites where users can
improve utilization, productivity, efficiency and/or value from
Technology Enabled Systems such as operator and support training,
maintenance programs, upgrades, report enhancements, utilization
* Prioritizes opportunities, present, and implement recommendations
to appropriate mine sites as assigned.
* Manages projects while executing new product deployments,
upgrades and various other projects as assigned.
* Identifies and catalogs opportunities to promote the sale of
company technology offerings.
* Analyzes and interprets VIMS, fault code and MineStar data to
provide production and efficiency improvement reports and
recommendations to designated mine sites.
* Reports major issues to the Cat Technology group and follow
through containment and permanent corrective action.
* Installs, calibrates and troubleshoots on-board system hardware
and software, including registration and commissioning of
Technology Enabled systems.
* Ensures all Service Level Agreements and Standards meet or exceed
compliance requirements and customer satisfaction.
* Conducts new user and office support personnel training, as
* Ensures that client work orders and invoices for assigned
accounts are completed in a timely manner.
* Provides advanced support of the MineStar Application users, as
* Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Technical experience in troubleshooting electrical, computer, and
* Knowledge and use of Microsoft computer products or other
comparable systems required.
* Knowledge or ability to learn Microsoft AX, Trimble and
Caterpillar information systems.
* Experience utilizing Oracle, SQL Database, TCP/OP Networking,
Microsoft Client and Server Platforms.
* Experience with Product Deployments, Upgrades, and other Various
* Windows Server VM Knowledge and Experience.
* Excellent Troubleshooting Skills.
* Proven skills in written and verbal communications, planning,
organizing, leadership and interpersonal relationship building.
* Proven conflict resolution skills with ability to set and manage
* Must be a self-starter and able to work without supervision.
* Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technology or
engineering field required (preference given to Mining,
Engineering, or Computer Science)
* One-year minimum experience or formal education in mining
* One-year minimum experience supporting construction technology or
mining technology software required
* One year minimum in Relational Database Knowledge experience
* Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
* Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
* Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in
* Frequent walking, standing, driving, pushing, pulling, lifting,
bending, climbing, twisting and leaning required.
* Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
* Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this classification. It is not intended be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees in this classification.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Western States Equipment Co, Pocatello , Mining Technology Application Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!