Company: HEALTH WEST INC
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Pocatello Clinic - Pocatello, ID
Are you interested in working with a fantastic (fun) goal driven
team whose mission is to provide top notch medical care to
underserved communities in southeast Idaho? At Health West we pride
ourselves on doing great things for people every day. Health West
is a family oriented, flexible culture with an excellent benefits
plan, including Health, Dental, Vision, Care Clinic Program as well
as continuing Educational plans and Student loan
repayment/forgiveness. We are looking for likeminded individuals
who want to make a difference in the community and the people we
serve. If this is you, we would love to have you as part of our
The Medical Receptionist receives callers at the Clinic or by
telephone and determines the nature of the call and directs it to
the appropriate staff member and/or obtains the callers name and
schedules an appointment. The Medical Receptionist will type on a
computer to prepare daily work such as letters, forms, report, etc.
The Medical Receptionist gives out required Health West forms and
instructs the patient in completing them. The Medical Receptionist
will assist the Clinic Manager/Administrator by performing a
variety of clerical duties involving the daily operation of the
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain detailed procedures required for the
performance of all activities associated with this position.
- Complete and maintain an accurate schedule of all appointments
and ensure the efficient patient flow in the clinic.
- Set up and/or update medical charts for patients as well as
ensuring all information is correctly filed in each chart.
- Answer the telephone and greet patients in a professional and
courteous manner and direct the inquiry as required as well as
documenting calls when necessary. Help resolve conflict with
unsatisfied patients regarding appointments and/or insurance
- Enter all data on computer daily from patient visit. Complete
superbills with all information regarding billing, and insurance
- Process day sheet each day to be forwarded to the
- Make sure the office has necessary supplies such as paper,
patient forms, etc.
- Provide data for reports as required.
- Collect fees from patients, issue receipts, make photocopies of
- Maintain accurate accounts receivable records and ensure that
all monies received are properly credited and deposited to the bank
- Promotes and upholds confidentiality of all patient
information/medical records as required by HIPAA
- Share the clinic cleaning responsibilities.
- Assume other duties as required by the Clinic
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
To perform the various tasks of a medical receptionist one must
have a warm outgoing character, good telephone manners, excellent
interpersonal skills, a talent for organization, ability to work
efficiently under pressure, ability to work effectively and
accurately, and a positive and professional behavior. Have
expertise on computer scheduling and electronic records
- High School diploma
- Experience in general office procedures
- Experience with charge entry/preferred
Keywords: HEALTH WEST INC, Pocatello , Medical Receptionist, Healthcare , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!