ALTENBURG JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGERY-CLINICAL SUPERVISOR LPN or RN
Company: Mountain View Hospital Llc
Posted on: January 9, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: The Altenburg Joint Replacement Clinical Supervisor
LPN/RN is a role developed to work in coordination with management
to ensure the work is accomplished effectively. The Clinical
Supervisor LPN/RN is generally a long-term role, requiring clinical
and interpersonal skills. The Clinical Supervisor LPN/RN
collaborates with the manager on clinical and non-clinical issue
(employee relations, individual behaviors, physician relationships,
etc.). The Clinical Supervisor is the support for the unit when the
manager is unavailable. The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for
coaching and mentoring unit staff.Duties and
ResponsibilitiesClinical Supervisor LPN/RN:Duties and
responsibilities include all those required of the CMA, LPN, RN as
- Plan and coordinate clinical requirements for staff and ensure
that all department requirements for staff are current.
- Coordinate clinical requirements with staff regarding equipment
- Collaborate with Clinical Nurse Educator for education
opportunities and needs.
- Consult with preceptors and orientees on a regular basis to
provide support and determine how orientation should proceed on an
- Collaborate with the manager for issue resolutions and projects
to improve work flow and unit Performance Improvement Projects
utilizing a proactive approach.
- Collaborate with different departments (pharmacy, radiology,
lab, admissions, and surgery services) to resolve issues and
improve work flow processes throughout the department.
- Collaborate with clinical leads and managers in the interview
process for new applicants.
- Mentor/coach staff to enhance their professional
- Assesses the performance of assigned new hires and orientees
including entry level nurses and medical assistants; provides
ongoing feedback and coaching. Collaborates with clinical leads and
managers in disciplinary actions.
- Understand and communicate potential clinical equipment or
supply issues to appropriate team members (Materials, Biomed,
Sterile Processing, etc.)
- Responsible for ordering clinical supplies for all facilities.
Collaborates with Manager for ordering of clinical equipment and
- Mentor and monitor the preceptors for all new clinical
- Provides immediate support and education on policy, procedures,
equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for learning, implementing and teaching new
technology/procedures. Communicates with all Providers and staff
about changes in systems and processes.
- Demonstrates awareness of current problems and basic plan for
all patients within assigned area.
- Provides clinical consultation and guidance as needed to
facilitate patient care.
- Gives assistance to staff to facilitate quality patient
- Validates competencies in order to meet the workload demands of
- Oversees all clinics and their clinical systems and processes.
Visits each clinic site as needed to assess needs of staff and
- Promotes an atmosphere of open communication that facilitates
staff input into decision-making, resolution of conflict, and
collegiality among all health team members.
- Assists Manager with staff performance audits related to
attitude, team performance, and CMS and State regulatory and
- Develops and reviews Clinical Policies and Procedures.
- Reviews and investigates occurrence reports and documents
findings for Manager's review.
- Facilitates and encourages staff participation in departmental
and hospital committee and council meetings.
- Attends departmental and hospital committee meetings as
- Coordinates, facilitates, participates and directs departmental
projects with follow-through and appropriate follow-up.
- Other projects and duties as directed by the unit
manager.QUALIFICATIONS:Education/Certification: Must have current,
unencumbered LPN or RN licensure in the State of Idaho. Current BLS
and ACLS certification are required.Experience: Five years of
appropriate clinical experience preferred. Must have previous
experience in a management/leadership role.Equipment/Technology:
Basic computer knowledge. Demonstrates knowledge of current
computer systems used in the organization. Demonstrates and can
teach competence of all equipment used on unit to
staff.Communication: Communicate clearly with patients, families,
visitors, healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership
and others.Interpersonal: Ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships.Performance: Knowledge of scope of
the licensed practical nurse or registered nurse and medical
assistant, the appropriate application of the nursing process,
professional theory, practice and procedure. Ablility to
independently seek out resources and work collaboratively. Teach
patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
Ablility to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and
prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
Keywords: Mountain View Hospital Llc, Pocatello , ALTENBURG JOINT REPLACEMENT SURGERY-CLINICAL SUPERVISOR LPN or RN, Healthcare , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!