Company: Specialty Dental Brands
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Practice ManagerPocatello, ID --- Operations
Job TypeFull-timeDescriptionIdaho Orthodontics is looking for a
Practice Manager to join our team. We believe that to provide
exceptional care for our patients, we must hire and grow leaders
who will support the business needs of each dental office and
foster a strong team building culture. As a Practice Manager you'll
work in an environment that encourages learning, team cohesion, and
puts patients first. Tis hard-working and motivated leader will
help grow and support our team. Our goal is to hire and grow
leaders who will support the business needs and foster a strong
culture of camaraderie and support. This is where patients come
first, and continuous learning is encouraged!
- Ensure operations of practice and patient flow are reflective
of our mission and our practice values. Resolve insurance,
financial and scheduling issues daily.
- Facilitate the maximization of resources daily to achieve
patient satisfaction, meet practice goals, and effective daily
- Maintain master calendar for all office locations: review daily
and communicate changes to those affected; adjust schedule for
patient emergencies; establish monthly schedules for patient care,
time off and on-call rotations; and coordinate and communicate
- Monitor staff workload and hold staff accountable for daily
performance; maintain "to do" list for staff during down time and
communicate needs daily.
- Hold staff accountable for daily work; address policy issues in
a timely manner; and adjust as needed; lead and motivate staff to
achieve excellent performance standards; and serve as a role model
- Work with Human Resources to administer progressive discipline
policy for all offices.
- Track Practice metrics and prepare daily and weekly reports.
Help Doctors monitor, review and analyze practice performance on an
on-going basis relative to established goals. Continuously develop
recommendations and present to Doctors ways to improve attainment
- Perform daily quality checks of patient records. Follow up with
staff on areas of concern. Responsible for OSHA: maintain logs;
facilitate staff training; ensure compliance with mandated
documentation and procedures for practice; coordinate OSHA
training; and responsible for ensuring OSHA representatives in each
office are well trained and understand their roles.
- Liaise to coordinate all staff training: Work collaboratively
with Clinical Supervisor to assess performance, coordinate and
provide training for clinic staff and Front Office staff, to ensure
uniform procedures and knowledge in both offices. Recommend
necessary training to Doctors, and coordinate training for practice
monthly or as needed.
- Coordinate and prepare content for monthly administrative days
in coordination with Clinical Supervisor. Prepare agenda and
applicable materials. Own leadership meetings and agenda.
- Manage PTO for staff: review and approve requests for paid time
off and add to master calendar.
- Responsible for basic accounting and financial
transactions/coordination for practice: analyze basic financial
reports; run monthly AP/AR reports; review, prepare and/or make
bank deposits; review patient accounts and past due accounts
monthly; and prepare report for doctors and follow up with
- Work with Marketing Manager on marketing efforts and patient
promotions for practice.
- Maintain professional knowledge by affiliating with
professional and technical organizations, and by participating in
applicable continuing education programs, conferences, seminars and
- Ensure the office is compliant in following company protocols
and with state regulatory agencies.
- Assist team members through coaching and job shadowing in areas
of patient service, treatment plan presentation, insurance benefit
explanations, handling complaints and all other training as
- Perform staff evaluations.
- Self-motivated with the willingness to exceed patient and
- Must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of problem solving,
interpersonal and management skills.
- Must have business acumen.
- Participates in the medical office emergency routine when
required. Summons ambulance or EMS or assists other staff members
- Navigate software without assistance.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant,
and cooperative manner.
- Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work
schedules and office policies.
- Must be flexible.
- Must excel in forward thinking in order to anticipate the needs
of the patient and our dental team.
- Work rotating on-call scheduled holidays, evenings, or
- Coordinate equipment repairs.
- May be required to travel between office locations. Must be
insurable by the company's insurance.Performs other related duties
as necessary or assigned by management.
Requirements Minimum Requirements
- Knowledge of CDT codes preferred but not required.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, quickly changing
- Strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills are
- Comfortable interacting with the general public.
- Strong skills in fostering working relationships
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- As a condition of employment, qualified applicants will be
subject to a background check, including criminal history, driving
history and character references.Education and Experience
- Associate's or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
- CPR Certification
- Minimum three (3) years management experience, preferably in a
dental office.Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Excellent speaking and listening skills, requiring the
perception of speech.
- Must have high finger dexterity to perform duties involving
work on the computer.Equipment Used
- General office equipment (e.g. computer).
Keywords: Specialty Dental Brands, Pocatello , Practice Manager, Executive , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!