Service Desk Manager - Shift (10:00 pm - 6:30 am)
Company: GD Information Technology
Posted on: June 12, 2022
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is seeking a Top Secret cleared Help Desk Manager to oversee a
Tier 1 Service Desk operation. Successful candidates are the
liaison and direct support to the Program Manager. Candidate is
expected to be a highly organized team player with strong written
and oral communication skills and the ability to prioritize
challenges on multiple fronts to drive results with an emphasis on
- Supporting a user base > 50k worldwide operating in
classified and unclassified network domains
- Capable of handling a call volume between 30k to 40k calls per
- Experienced in managing and leading a team of -75 employees
across multiple locations
- Capable of delivering efficient and timely first and second
tier support within required timeframes of service level
- In possession of an "active" top secret clearance with
eligibility for a CI polygraph
- Supervises the activities and personnel associated with
providing technical services to customers by identifying,
prioritizing, and confirming resolution of reported problems with
desktop, laptop, and networked systems.
- Understand and adhere to the hierarchical Chain of Command
order of reporting (Director, Program Manager, Operations Manager).
- Ensure that all phases of support are properly coordinated,
monitored, tracked, and resolved.
- Create and manage escalation procedures and ensures service
levels are maintained.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure resolution in a
- Develop information technology projects and provides strategic
management and objectives for the department.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient
operation of help desk functions.
- Present infrastructure improvement recommendations to the
Program Manager, (minor or significant) based on request
- Oversee development and dissemination of knowledge articles,
SOPs, scripts, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of
service desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Manage and lead incident and request management processes,
including queue management, ticket assignments, and escalation
- Manage program performance, productivity, risks and issues with
subordinates, customers, team leaders, and corporate
- Oversee IT asset management for the program
- Supports continuous improvement through measuring and
evaluating processes and incorporating feedback into regular
process updates by providing routine ticket queue management and
data extractions from various databases
- A minimum of 5+ years' managing enterprise IT infrastructure
and applications support programs in excess of $10m per year
- Leading and managing personnel in a geographically dispersed,
- Managing performance-based customer service against multiple
- Effectively communicate data analytics, and key data points by
way of including industrial research and contract requirements
- Implementing optimizing, standardizing, and streamlining
policies, processes, and standard operating procedures
- Utilizing and customizing service desk tools and technologies
(ITSM, Remote Management / Monitoring, and Automated Call
Distribution) to monitor and improve program performance and
satisfy customer needs. Service Now and Ring Central experience is
Education and Certifications desired:
- Bachelor's degree
- ITIL Intermediate - Operational Support & Analysis or Service
- Help Desk Institute - Support Center Team Lead
- Security+ or better (e.g. CISSP or CASP)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA ID Pocatello
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate
applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of
its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however,
GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend
on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: GD Information Technology, Pocatello , Service Desk Manager - Shift (10:00 pm - 6:30 am), Executive , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!