Process Engineering Intern - Don Plant, ID
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 22, 2023
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held
organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and
agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company
with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including
seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer
manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and
distribution.SummaryThis position will contribute to the company's
efficiency, profits, growth and environmental compliance, by
providing assistance with the various plant process areas. Chemical
Engineering knowledge and principles are applied to assist with
process optimization, compliance and new product development
support at the operating plant. ----Pocatello, Idaho: Pocatello is
located in southeast Idaho near the western foothills of the Rocky
Mountains along the Oregon Trail. The city has 32 parks, a Museum
of Natural History, the Fort Hall Replica, Golf Courses, Swimming
Complex, Bike & Hiking Trails, Pocatello Junction, Skate Park, and
the Pocatello Zoo are just of few of the attractions visitors and
residents enjoy.Key Responsibilities
- Time management for efficient project completion.
- Development of communication skills, written and verbal.
- Performs bench testing, assimilates and calculates obtained
data, and produces meaningful final reports to provide information
for engineering supervisors.
- Performs process engineering requiring knowledge and
application of basic engineering principles under close guidance
and supervision of supervisors
- Use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to
perform engineering tasks
- Participates within teams in establishing the appropriate
designs, engineering and execution processes
- Analyzes the quality of fertilizer products, raw materials, and
intermediate process streams by weighing, preparing, measuring,
calculating and passing off on data taken from samples.
- Cleans, calibrates, and repairs process testing equipment to
insure accurate measurements and operation for laboratory testing.
Keeps work area clean, safe and organized by cleaning glassware,
counters and surfaces. Makes minor repairs to lab equipment as
- Prepares chemical solutions for use as standards, reagents for
quality control or solutions for processing experiments following
standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
- Candidate must also be able to stand for extended periods of
time and occasionally be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Typical
EducationEnrollment in an Academic Chemical Engineering program
from a nationally accredited educational
- Enrollment in an Academic Chemical Engineering program from a
nationally accredited educational facility/university.
- Candidate must be willing to learn the process operation and
work in a plant and process lab setting.
- Prefer a sophomore or above in credit standing who will work in
conjunction with pursuit of chemical engineering degree and/or will
return to school at the completion of the internship/coop.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft applications including Word and
Excel required. Other InformationDuration:-- January 2024 -
July/August 2024Job Requisition ID:-- 14923Travel Required:
NoneLocation(s): ABW Don Plant - PocatelloCountry: United
StatesWage range or rate of pay: $20 - $22/HR--The compensation
offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors
including experience, skills, education, location, and other
job-related reasons.Attractive total rewards package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (where applicable)
- Relocation Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Education Assistance (where applicable)
- Benefits details available at simplotbenefits.com**The J.R.
Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age,
sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or
any other protected status.**
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Pocatello , Process Engineering Intern - Don Plant, ID, Engineering , Pocatello, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!